So, I’m super, super excited! Why, you ask? Because. I am not ashamed to admit that I shamelessly begged Ms. Cross for a review copy of her awesome sounding book, Miss Mabel’s School For Girls, the first in her Network Series. And, guess what? She agreed! *happy dancing* And, guess what else? She agreed to be featured here today with a post she wrote special for y’all. Oh, and the best part? She’s closer to me than you could imagine….I think that is just superbly awesomesauciness! *Big Grin* So, I’m turning the floor….err….page….over to Ms. Cross. Happy Reading!
What Miss Mabel’s School For Girls….Isn’t
By Katie Cross
Like every other twelve-year-old girl, I used to count down the days until the latest romcom’s came out. Gwyneth Paltrow, Katie Holmes, Kate Winslet — love, love, love! Who doesn’t want to be swept away in the arms of love with her prince that happens to have an adorable Scottish burr and rippling pectorals?
When it comes to books (and movies since now that I’m older than 13) I’ll pass on the goopy romance, thanks. I like stories with reality and meat. I like girls that have heart and inner strength. I like low chances of survival. I like fighting for your life. I like the awkwardness of figuring out your place in the world. I like snarky humor. I like battling to the top. I also like The Mummy Returns. It’s possibly my favorite movie in the entire world.
When I decided to write a book, I said to myself: Self, let’s write a book about a girl that does great things. Big things. And doesn’t like shoes because they are annoying. Sand between the toes is way better.
Top Ten Things My Book Miss Mabel’s School for Girls Isn’t:
- This isn’t a book about two boys and a swoony girl who can’t make a decision to save her life.
- This book is not for people who hate cinnamon rolls.
- This book is not for people who don’t like girls that can use a shield and, on occasion, a sword.
- It’s not a long winded soliloquy on the art and methods of war. Who’s read War and Peace? Tell me I’m wrong.
- There are no goopy kisses in this book.
- This is not a book for people who hate magic.
- It’s also not for the faint of heart.
- It’s not for people who can’t appreciate a little snarky humor.
- This book has nothing to do with bananas.
- It’s not for people who like the easy life with butterflies and daisies. Okay, there are a few butterflies — but it’s not what you think, promise.
It’s up to you, really.
What do YOU like in a book?
Isn’t she just so awesome? I think so, and I’ve only just met her (albeit virtually!) a few days ago. I think she is just totally cool. And be sure and stay tuned……I’m reviewing her book right now and I can’t wait to finish it so I can spoil you with her awesomeness some more. It’s really an awesome feeling having an author that you like stop by and you can help spread the word about her books. Thank you so much, Katie!! Please feel free to come back to my site anytime you want! I’m more than happy to help you out!
And now for the best part of all……Ms. Cross has offered an amazing giveaway! She is offering up a $15 gift card to Amazon and 2 Skeleton key bookmarks….so that’s three lucky winners! Just leave a blog post comment, subscribe to my blog, share this post on FB, Twitter, Pinterest, or G+, and earn one entry by leaving your share link below in a comment. Wanna earn five entries at once? Go buy the book here and then forward the proof of purchase (via screen shot or email confirmation) to molly at reviewsbymolly dot com . That’s it! Good luck!