March 1, 2012
Girl I’ve loved, girl I’m falling for. Now that they’re both in view, the problem is clear.
After losing Sarah, the friend he’s loved, to some other guy, Jameson meets Sky. Her Native American roots, fluid movements, and need for brutal honesty become addictive fast. This is good. Jameson needs distraction – his dad leaves for another woman, his mom’s walking around like a zombie, and Sarah’s new boyfriend can’t keep his hands off of her.
As he spends time with Sky and learns about her village, her totems, and her friends with drums – she’s way more than distraction. Jameson’s falling for her fast.
But Sky’s need for honesty somehow doesn’t extend to her life story – and Jameson just may need more than his new girl to keep him distracted from the disaster of his senior year.
About The Author:
Jolene grew up in Wasilla, Alaska. She graduated from Southern Utah University with a degree in political science and French, which she used to teach math to middle schoolers.
After living in Washington, Utah and Las Vegas, she now resides in Alaska with her husband, and two children. Aside from writing, Jolene sews, plays the guitar, sings when forced, and spends as much time outside as possible.
She is also the author of The Next Door Boys.
Connect With The Author:
Website |Facebook | Twitter
Jameson’s top ten warnings for guys in high school:
1. If you like a girl. Tell her.
2. When you end up with a really hot girl in your pool, in her panties, treasure every second of it.
3. Try not to mention the incident with the girl in her panties in your pool to your high school friends – it might backfire.
4. When two girls you like are in close proximity to you and to each other, find a way out.
5. You gotta have an outlet. Find a way to work off excess energy.
6. Don’t kiss a girl you don’t like.
7. If you want to go out with a girl, just ASK her. If you don’t, someone else will.
8. When you really want to put your fist through something – you might want to give it a second thought before you do.
9. There is nothing in the world like holding the girl you love.
10. Don’t take yourself too seriously – this is supposed to be the best times in our lives – or something like that.
Thanks for having me!
Molly, thanks for hosting this post from Jolene. I know Jameson’s many fans will be delighted 🙂