This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
Any genre or length of book counts, as long as it is in ebook format.
You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the E-Book Reading Challenge.
You can move up levels, but no moving down.
Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
Floppy disk – 5 ebooks
CD – 10 ebooks
DVD – 25 ebooks
Memory stick – 50 ebooks
Hard drive – 75 ebooks
Server – 100 ebooks
Human brain – 150 ebooks
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews for that month. If you forget, feel free to add your reviews in the following month. Any reviews submitted will be entered into the draw for that month.
Yes, there will be draws every month for participants. As long as you are signed up below, every review you add to the monthly roundups will get one entry into the giveaway for that month.
There will also be a grand giveaway at the end of the year for eveyone who achieves their goal level (or higher). There may be different prizes for different levels, but that is not decided yet.
This years challenge is going to be a little different. You have to read 20 paranormal romance novels and add a small review or long if you like LOL.I will allow erotic paranormal romance but again they have to be novels.novellas will not be allow nor will urban fantasy. If you want to make sure it’s not UF please ask or you can visit these post below to find out how to tell the difference for yourself.The other change will be I am only giving away autographed books to people who finishes their challenge.You can make one post on your blog for your reviews and once your done with all 20 books come back here to link you post or you can email me you post.If you don’t have a blog you can still enter. Just email me your reviews once your done or if you have a goodreads, shelfari etc account you can make a shelf just for your 2012 paranormal romance challenge. Once your done email me your challenge shelf and I will look them over.Once you read 20 books your done you can not enter for another turn.At this time I have 12 autographs books but I can always get more if needed.Once your finished and I look over your books or post I will tell you to pick out which book you want. So first finishes first serves LOL.I have the buttons on my left side bar so please grab which one you want.If you need any help or I didn’t make something clear please let me know.You can sign up now but the count wont start until Jan 1, 2012.I will have the post with all the autographed book up on Jan 1, 2012I think that’s everything but I am sure I missed something if so give me a yell.
150+ Reading Challenge 2012 is hosted by My Overstuffed Bookshelf
1. The goal is to read 150 or more books. Anyone can join. You don’t need a blog to participate. Posting on GoodReads or wherever you post your reviews is good enough.
2. Allowed are: Audio, Re-reads, eBooks, YA, Manga, Graphic Novels, Library books, Novellas, Young Reader, Nonfiction – as long as the book has an ISBN or equivalent or can be purchased as such, the book counts.
What doesn’t count: Individual short stories or individual books in the Bible.
3. No need to list your books in advance. You may select books as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed.
4. Crossovers from other reading challenges count.
5. Challenge begins January 1st, 2012 thru December 31, 2012. Books started before the 1st do not count. You can join at anytime.
6. When you sign up under Linky, put the direct link to your post where your books will be listed. Include the URL to this post so that other viewers can find this fun challenge. If you’d prefer to put your list in the sidebar of your blog, please leave your viewers the link to the sign up page. Again, so viewers can join the challenge too.
War Through the Generation’s 2012 reading challenge will be World War I. The challenge will run from January 1, 2012, through December 31, 2012.
This year you have options when reading your fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, etc. with the WWI as the primary or secondary theme.
Books can take place before, during, or after the war, so long as the conflicts that led to the war or the war itself are important to the story. Books from other challenges count so long as they meet the above criteria.
Dip: Read 1-3 books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.
Wade: Read 4-10 books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.
Swim: Read 11 or more books in any genre with WWI as a primary or secondary theme.
Additionally, we’ve decided that since there are so many great movies out there about WWI, you can substitute or add a movie or two to your list this year and have it count toward your totals.
There are so many books in this series that I have decided to make this a Perpetual Reading Challenge, which means that there is no ending date! Take as much time as you need to finish the series. I have always wanted to read this series, especially now more than ever since the first novel is the basis for a major motion picture starring Katherine Heigl opening in theatres on January 27, 2012! Since I could not find anyone else hosting this challenge, I thought I would give it a whirl!
The books in the Stephanie Plum series (including the Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novels series) by Janet Evanovich are (this is the order in which the books are written):
- One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, Book #1)
- Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, Book #2)
- Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, Book #3)
- Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, Book #4)
- High Five (Stephanie Plum, Book #5)
- Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, Book #6)
- Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, Book #7)
- Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, Book #8)
- Visions of Sugar Plums (Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, Book #1)
- To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, Book #9)
- Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, Book #10)
- Eleven on Top (Stephanie Plum, Book #11)
- Twelve Sharp (Stephanie Plum, Book #12)
- Plum Lovin’ (Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, Book #2)
- Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum, Book #13)
- Plum Lucky (Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, Book #3)
- Fearless Fourteen (Stephanie Plum, Book #14)
- Plum Spooky (Stephanie Plum Between the Numbers/Holiday Novel, Book #4)
- Finger Lickin’ Fifteen (Stephanie Plum, Book #15)
- Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, Book #16)
- Smokin’ Seventeen (Stephanie Plum, Book #17)
- Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, Book #18)
Stephanie Plum Reading Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
1. This is a perpetual challenge, which means there is no end date. You will finish the challenge whenever you finish the series! Take as much time as you need.
2. The challenge will begin on January 1, 2012. You can join the challenge at any time, whether you haven’t yet started the series or are already halfway through.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (as long as they are unabridged).
6. There will be link-ups for your reviews on a quarterly basis, which will be posted on THIS page.
7. There will be a link for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
8. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
9. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar.
Challenge Details• Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 – 31 Dec 2012
• There are two levels:
– Read TWENTY FOUR (24) horror & urban fantasy novels in 2012
– Read FORTY EIGHT (48) horror & urban fantasy novels in 2012• You don’t have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.
• You can join the challenge at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.
• Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.
• No non-fiction – only fiction.
• This challenge can crossover to other challenges.
• At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to add your reviews.
• You don’t have to have a blog to join in – for those without a blog but who use Goodreads, Amazon, LibraryThing etc, you can add the URL to where you track your books. If you don’t have a URL at all then choose a name you would like to use and then copy and paste the following link:https://www.bookchickcity.com/2011/12/sign-up-horror-urban-fantasy-reading.html
YEAR LONG CHALLENGE!‘rules’ are very simple
1. Link up your blogOr wherever it is you post your NetGalley reviews
2. Pick a level:Blue Star – read 1-10 NetGalley Books in 2012Green Star – read 11-20 NetGalley Books in 2012Red Star – read 21-30 NetGalley Books in 2012Gold Star – read 30+ NetGalley Books in 20123. Put the challenge button on your blog, if you wantcode is to the right in my sidebar
4. Read the Books 🙂
5. Come back every month to share some reviews and visit other blogs participating!